Overview / Features
The ECB2500C MoCA Network Adapter makes it easy for cable broadband subscribers to distribute HD video (and other multimedia content) throughout the home over their existing coaxial cabling. Use the MoCA Network Adapter to bring high-speed Internet connectivity to your gaming consoles, computers and home theater system devices such as an HDTV. These MoCA network adapters are based on the MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) standard to deliver up to 175 Mbps of bandwidth wherever there's a coaxial port. This means you can finally connect your HDTV to the Internet without stringing Ethernet wires or investing in an expensive rewiring project.
Connecting non-mobile devices (like the HDTV or gaming console) or another wireless access point to the Internet
- Easy way to bring a high speed Internet connection to set top boxes, HDTVs, gaming consoles, wireless access points, and other devices in the home
- Automatically detects and joins a service provider's existing MoCA network
- For use primarily in cable TV households
- Based on the MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) standard to deliver up to 175 Mbps of bandwidth wherever there's a coaxial port
- Ideal for bandwidth-intensive applications such as HD video streaming (with multiple simultaneous HD streams) and online gaming
- More affordable and convenient than Ethernet cabling and more reliable than wireless
- Compatible with most broadband services and passes U.S. CATV or terrestrial signals to televisions without any degradation.
- Password protected for access control
- Incredibly easy to install: get connected in less than 5 minutes!
- Millions of homes in North America already enjoy the high performance and reliability an Actiontec MoCA solution
The MoCA Network Adapter turns coaxial wiring into a high-performance Ethernet network, giving you an easy way to connect your home entertainment devices to the Internet.
Minimum System Requirements
- TCP/IP network protocol installed for Internet connectivity
- An available RJ-45 Ethernet port
- Coexists with most broadband services
- Coexists with cable TV services
- Uses the existing Coaxial cabling
- No computer or special software is required
||ECB2500 Configuration Utility v1.1
Please download and read the ECB2500 User Configuration Guide before attempting to customize any of the settings of your device. The Windows-based configuration software is used to change the operational parameters of the ECB2500. The toggle switch located on the back of the ECB must be set to Config Mode for changes to be made. This software is ONLY for use with the Actiontec ECB2500, and is intended ONLY for use by professionals.
NOTE: The configuration software has been tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. However, the ECB2500 User Configuration Guide PDF provides a step-by-step installation guide only for users with Windows XP.
Disclaimer: This software is ONLY for use with the Actiontec ECB2500, and is intended ONLY for use by professionals. Actiontec Electronics will not provide a refund or replacement products for ECB2500s that have failed due to the loading of incorrect firmware, customized firmware or the improper use of the configuration software.