- Corporate Overview
- Management Team
- Press Center
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Trademark Policy
- Contact Us
The Support Technician (Regular-Full Time) role is an intermediate-level position responsible for troubleshooting, resolving and documenting Tier 1 through Tier 3 end-user and business-partner technical support. Support may take the form of phone calls, email, chat or other on-line/electronic communication. Products include SOHO data communication and networking equipment and software (modems, gateways, routers, firewalls, wireless adapters, fax) and other equipment that may be connected to wired or wireless networks (PCs, printers, cameras, data storage, streaming audio/video, Bluetooth, 802.11a/b/g/n)
1) Log into and out of telephone and workstation equipment and databases
2) Answer customer questions related to product functions, interoperation
3) Troubleshoot and resolve customer problems by telephone, email, chat, managed forums and other channels
4) Troubleshoot and resolve customer problems related to networking, internet connectivity (broadband and dial-up), product installation and configuration, OS configuration
5) Troubleshoot and resolve problems directly with end-users as well as in a Tier-3 support role assisting other business-partner personnel
6) Document transactions and contacts in databases
7) Navigate web pages and the internet to research or answer questions
8) Gather information from customers to fill out on-line forms and queries
9) Follow written procedures and instructions to accomplish tasks
10) Compose and send email correspondence to customers and coworkers
11) Use internal lab resources to develop solutions for specific problems
12) All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or management
13) Must demonstrate pleasant and helpful communication style
14) Must be able to handle customer objections/complaints with positive attitude.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1) Required - High school graduate or equivalent
2) Required - One year or equivalent general business work experience
3) Required - Ability to read, write and converse in English, strong communication skills
4) Required - Literacy with general office computer applications (email, word processing, spreadsheets) and internet usage
5) Preferred - Associates Degree or equivalent certifications in any of the following: IT, computer science, networking, web design/development, computer applications
6) Preferred - Previous experience with Actiontec products and support polices
Reports to: Supervisor - Technical Support
Supervises: No direct reports
Hours: 8am - 7pm MT Mon-Fri, shifts within that time span
Value of individual decisions: Up to $300 per transaction
Other: Interacts with peer Tech Support personnel interns, technical support engineers, site IT and management staff
1) The job is situated in a normal contact center office setting.
2) The job requires extended periods of attendance at the workstation, talking on the telephone via headset while simultaneously operating a desktop computer.
3) The job requires operation of office equipment (photocopy machines, fax, postage meters) and accessing documents in file storage
4) The job may involve lifting and carrying book and briefcase-sized objects of up to 20 pounds within an office setting.
Actiontec does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, national origin or religion. If you need to make a request for accommodation in the application process, please call Mrs. Greene at Actiontec 408 752-7700.
Fax your resumé to (408)732-0748, or mail to:
Actiontec Electronics, Inc.
760 N. Mary Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085-2908