Comcast Launches Xfinity Flex for Internet Subscribers
Comcast launched its Xfinity Flex over-the-top (OTT) service for Xfinity-Internet and cable subscribers. Comcast’s goal is to hang onto a certain segment of their Internet customers by providing this new affordable streaming service.
Here’s what comes with the Xfinity Flex service package:
- Internet-connected 4K HDR streaming TV device
- Comcast voice remote
- Comcast home Wi-Fi & mobile security and automation services
- Integrated guide on how to access popular options for streaming video and music
- More than 10,000 free online movies and shows
- Live streaming TV from ESPN3, Xumo, Pluto TV, Tubi TV, Cheddar, YouTube and more
- Streaming from apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO and Showtime
- Music from stations like Pandora, iHeartRadio and XITE
Xfinity Flex will only cost an additional five dollars per month for Comcast cable subscribers. Eventually, subscribers will have the option to upgrade to the full Xfinity X1 cable service through the integrated guide.