Actiontec Expands its Optim Whole Home WiFi Solution for
Remote Management, Optimization and Visibility
Optim enables service providers to remotely, proactively and automatically monitor and manage home WiFi networks
Sunnyvale, CA – April 19, 2017 — Actiontec Electronics has expanded its newly launched Optim™ Whole Home WiFi Solution, a cloud-based platform that empowers service providers and consumers to better manage home WiFi networks to meet the mounting pressure on in-home WiFi. With Optim, service providers can remotely manage their subscribers’ WiFi networks, thus ensuring the in-home network delivers optimum performance for the growing ecosystem of consumer devices and applications.
The explosion of WiFi connected devices, along with the immense popularity of video streaming, places more pressure on home WiFi networks. According to Gartner, Inc., there will be 20.8 billion connected devices by 2020. Problems with in-home WiFi — whether it’s speed, coverage, or connectivity — can seriously impact broadband satisfaction levels and are one of the top reasons for technical support calls.
Yet, while WiFi performance is critical for broadband service levels, service providers have not been able to see what is happening inside the home beyond the managed router. Providers cannot fix what they cannot see, forcing costly truck rolls to the customer home. Compounding this challenge is the fact that when service technicians do arrive at the customer home, they don’t always have the data or tools to diagnose an intermittent problem, resulting in follow-up visits and increased frustration.
Optim addresses these challenges by bringing a new level of visibility, manageability, and intelligence into the home WiFi network, giving service providers and consumers new tools to diagnose and fix problems in the WiFi network without costly truck rolls. And real-time and historical network-wide data enables service providers to better understand home network health across their service area. In addition to these advantages for reducing operational expeditures, Optim also creates a natural opportunity for generating revenue from managed WiFi services that build on the loyalty advantage of its problem-solving platform.
“Most consumers don’t necessarily differentiate between the WiFi inside the home and the broadband delivered to their home; that’s why so many service provider support calls are related to WiFi issues,” said Brian Henrichs, Chief Business Development Officer at Actiontec Electronics. “Optim empowers both service providers and consumers to better manage WiFi performance and diagnose problems. It can significantly lower operating costs through a powerful combination of remote management, customer self-service, intelligent automation, and big data analytics—while building customer loyalty and opening up an entirely new revenue opportunity with WiFi management.”
About the Optim Management Platform
- Cloud-based dashboards: whole-home view of the home network, including access points and client devices, along with easy-to-view graphics on WiFi health and status.
- Remote troubleshooting: comprehensive data identifies devices with a low signal strength (RSSI), devices that are out of range, bandwidth hogs, channel congestion and interference.
- Historical reporting: technicians can drill down on any device to check out details over any given period. This enables them to more effectively troubleshoot intermittent problems, such as a customer’s WiFi performance decreases every weekday night.
- Subscriber self-service tools: intuitive mobile companion app allows subscribers to check WiFi health and troubleshoot basic issues on their own. This reduces support calls and caters to those customers who prefer self-service options.
- Flexible platform: the Optim platform consists of Optim Cloud Agents that collect information about client devices and push that data to the Optim Cloud. Cloud Agents are available on Actiontec WiFi products and can also be enabled on third-party hardware via an API.
Optim is available now; for more information, please visit Optim.
About Actiontec Electronics
Actiontec Electronics develops solutions that connect people to the Internet, applications, and content they care about. Our products — including industry-leading WiFi technology, gigabit Ethernet fiber routers, high-speed VDSL gateways, wireless display solutions, and home networking products– are deployed by some of the largest broadband service providers, educational institutions, and businesses. Our innovation has been recognized throughout the industry, with numerous awards. As a minority owned company, we’re committed to the world we live in by promoting diversity among our employees and partners, and actively pushing a variety of green programs designed to reduce our products’ carbon footprint. Founded in 1993, Actiontec is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, and maintains branch offices worldwide.
For more information, call 408-752-7700 or visit https://www.actiontec.com.