Press by Year:
Actiontec’s MyWirelessTV Hits Stores
Named a 2012 CES Innovations Award Honoree, MyWirelessTV replaces HDMI cables with a wireless transmitter and receiver so you can watch TV anywhere in the house
Sunnyvale, Calif., November 9, 2011 — Actiontec Electronics today announced that MyWirelessTV is now available at select retail and online stores. The new wireless solution delivers a 1080p60 3D signal up to 150ft away, with practically no latency, even through walls and floors.
The company also announced that MyWirelessTV was named a CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Award Honoree.
MyWirelessTV replaces HDMI cables with a wireless transmitter and receiver to deliver brilliant HD video over a dedicated 5Ghz Wi-Fi network. This means you can hang a new flat panel above the living room fireplace and not have to worry about cables ruining the aesthetics. Or move a large screen TV out to the patio to watch the big game with friends. You can even stream a movie from your PC to the bedroom TV, or to multiple televisions simultaneously.
“With MyWirelessTV, consumers can add a new television to virtually any room, even temporarily move an existing HDTV, without worrying about how to wire it,” said Mike Ehlenberger, Vice President of Channel Sales at Actiontec Electronics. “Considering a 100 ft. HDMI cable can cost upwards of $300, MyWirelessTV isn’t just easier than wires, it’s more versatile and affordable.”
The MyWirelessTV kit, which comes with a transmitter and receiver to connect any set top box, gaming console, DVD player or other device to a compatible HD display, can be purchased for $229 USD. Additional transmitters and receivers can be added to support multiple sources and multiple displays.
MyWirelessTV gives everyone the flexibility to watch HDTV anywhere in their home, without having to invest in an expensive wiring project, or dangle cables from the TV, up the wall, or down the hall. Key product highlights include:
- Full 1080p60 HD and 3D video over 150 feet away
- 100% standards based platform: compliant with 802.11 Wi-Fi and no interference with existing wireless networks
- Achieves the industry’s lowest compression latency with full HD H.264 encoding and decoding: low enough latency to not get fragged in the latest first-person shooter
- Redundant upsampling digital converters and a core buffering channel on the most powerful dual core 700 MHz chipset available for pristine, undiminished 1080p quality video
- Optimized for robust transmission over a dedicated Wi-Fi network with advanced quality of service (QoS), error concealment, and dynamic bit-rate management features
- Intuitive GUI to easily control and interact with content from any TV or display
- Pass-through USB and IR for mouse/keyboard and remote control from anywhere
For more information on Actiontec’s MyWirelessTV, visit: https://www.actiontec.com//products/product.php?pid=219
About Actiontec Electronics
Actiontec Electronics develops broadband-powered solutions that connect people to the Internet, applications, and content they care about. Our products – including gigabit Ethernet fiber routers, high-speed VDSL gateways, DSL modems, and home networking solutions – are deployed by some of the largest telecom carriers in North America. We listen to our customers, delivering future-proof solutions that help them stay competitive today and tomorrow, with faster access rates, advanced performance, and exciting applications. Our innovation has been recognized throughout the industry, with numerous awards. As a minority owned company, we’re committed to the world we live in by promoting diversity among our employees and partners, and actively pushing a variety of green programs designed to reduce the carbon footprint of our company, and customers. Founded in 1993, Actiontec is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, and maintains branch offices in Colorado Springs, CO; Shanghai, China; and Taipei, Taiwan.
For more information, call 408-752-7700 or visit https://www.actiontec.com/.