When Samsung discontinued the MHL cable, users suddenly had no easy way to mirror their phone screen onto a TV or projector screen. Users had been able to share things like photos, movies, apps, and more with family and friends. But no more, until…
Fortunately this old wired technology was replaced with a wireless option. Most Samsung and other Android devices now have wireless technology built right in to them allowing you to send content to the TV. The only thing you need is a wireless display receiver (also called a wireless display adapter) to receive the wireless signal from the Android device.
Actiontec offers a high-quality, low cost wireless display receiver: the ScreenBeam Mini2 Wireless Display Receiver. This device allows you to wirelessly mirror any content from your Android phone to an HDTV in seconds.
How to Set Up Wireless Display
Setting up the ScreenBeam Mini2 takes literally just minutes.
Install the Wireless Display Receiver
First you’ll connect the ScreenBeam Mini 2 to your TV :
- Unpack the Receiver and USB cable from the box.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the Receiver’s mini USB port labeled “Power.”
- Next, plug the Receiver into an available HDMI port on your HDTV.
- Now plug the large male USB connector into a USB port on your TV.
- Turn on your TV and switch the input source until you see the “Ready to Connect” screen.
Connect to your Android Phone
To use your Android with the ScreenBeam Mini2, it needs to support Miracast wireless casting technology. You may check this here. Assuming it is, these are the steps you’ll take on your Android phone.
- In your settings, open the Wireless Display application on your Android phone.
The name of the Wireless Display Application depends on the device type and model. Refer to the device’s carrier or manufacturer user manual for more details.
- Next, select ScreenBeam from the list of available receivers.
- You may be required to enter a PIN code. Enter the code that displays on your TV.
That’s it! You are all set to begin screening mirror from your Android device to your TV. You can display photos, downloaded movies, website, mobile games, and more…for friends and family, or just for yourself.