When Samsung discontinued the MHL cable, users suddenly had no easy way to mirror their phone onto a big screen. This is where the ScreenBeam Mini2 comes in.
Actiontec’s ScreenBeam Mini2 device allows you to wirelessly mirror any content from your Android phone to an HDTV within seconds.
The Basic Setup
Setup of the system should only take a few minutes.
First the Wireless Display Adapter and TV
- First, you unpack the Mini2 and power adapter from the box. Plug the small end of the USB cable into the Mini2’s mini USB port labeled “Power.”
- Next, plug the Mini2 into any HDMI port on your HDTV.
- Now plug the large male USB connector into the power adapter and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Turn on your TV and change the input source until you see the words “Ready to Connect.”
Now Your Miracast-Enabled Android Smartphone
Check that your Android phone is using the most current operating system (OS) and that it supports Miracast.
- Open the Wireless Display Application on your Android phone. On different devices and OS versions, it may be called something else.
- Next, from the display of available receivers, select ScreenBeam.
- You may have to enter a pin code. Enter the code that displays on your TV.
That’s it! You are all set to go and can start screen mirroring Android to tv.
Now that you have connected you can choose between a few different screen modes: Duplicate, Extend and Second Screen Only.