10 File Sharing Services
Online file sharing is a common way that people share pictures and documents with others. File sharing has its benefits including centralized and organized files. On the other hand it also has its risks, including the spread of malware.
To safely file share it is critical to find a secure sharing service. Commonly used secure services include file transfer protocol programs (FTP), peer-to-peer networks, removable storage media, and online file-sharing services. There are risks and benefits to using any of these options. Which program should you trust with your data?
File Sharing Services
Below are a handful of services to consider:
- Amazon Drive – for storing personal photos
- Box – for enterprise-level business
- Dropbox – for non-confidential business files
- Google Drive – for photo storage and backup
- IPFS – for blockchain transactions
- OneDrive – for syncing Microsoft Office files
- Resilio – for hosting passwords
- SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) – for securely transferring SSN
- SSH (Secure Shell) – for remote access for a single computer
- Tresorit – for protecting legal documents