Top 5 MVNO Trends
In a recent article, Strategy Analytics broke down the top five expected trends as Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) face new challenges in an evolving market. By embracing innovation and being flexible to changing technology demands, MVNOs have focused on addressing specific market segments, using new technology to achieve new opportunities, and improving mobile services for lower income families and small companies/start-ups. Strategy Analytics tracked the following trends:
- MVNOs reaching specific markets and addressing value propositions
- Innovation and transformation
- Using new technology to pursue new opportunities
- Creating new opportunities using 5G
- Benefits to society
Some key takeaways include:
- MVNOs embracing digital transformation allows them to be more flexible, customer centric and operationally and cost efficient.
- Edge compute, blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, network function virtualization and software defined networks, and e-SIM technology provide opportunities for MVNOs to expand.
- In response to challenges with competition and price pressures, MVNOs focused on lowering costs and improving service quality in Wi-Fi.
For a more in-depth analysis of these trends, click here.